If you want to understand the basic elements of reality, I suggest buying this CD course. It is fantastic. Most people deny reality these days. How many times have you heard, "there are no absolutes, absolutely."? Listen to this CD set as you drive around and turn your car into a university.
A Brief Course on the 24 Thomistic Theses
The Importance of the 24 Thomistic Theses!
In his superb essay “Attacks on Thomism”, Dr. John Lamont explains the attack on Thomism by the men of the “new theology,” which is the basis of the modern revolution within the Church.
Lamont explains, “The allegation that Thomism was imposed on preconciliar theology is without foundation, as can easily be seen by looking at the official texts that deal with it. All these texts are concerned with the teaching of philosophy and theology in educational institutions. Leo XIII and subsequent popes had decided that it was essential that the clergy be given a sound philosophical formation, and that the best philosophy for them to be formed in was Thomism. In order to achieve that end, they ruled that philosophical formation in seminaries and Catholic universities should be Thomistic in nature. This made it necessary to give some definition of what Thomism consisted in, and the 24 Thomistic theses were promulgated to meet this need…
“The claim that the 24 theses do not accurately represent St. Thomas's philosophical thought is false; they can all be abundantly documented from his works. They give a fairly good picture of his main philosophical positions. The choice of these theses is important for understanding the subsequent history of Thomism.”
Learn about the 24 Thomistic Theses from Dr. Bonnette!
1) Garrigou-Lagrange’s Reality: The Real Distinction between Potency and Act
2) Foundational Principle: Potency Cannot Actualize itself
3) Immateriality/Intelligibility and the Impossibility of Infinite Regress
4) A Small Error in Principle is a Bit Error in Conclusion
5) The Answer to Alice in Wonderland
6) Being and Analogy / What is Thomism?
7) From Metaphysics to Cosmology
8) The Science of the Soul
9) The Spirituality of the Intellect
10) The Operation of the Intellect11) The Will / Answering Modern Arguments Against God's Existence
12) Answering Modern Arguments Against God's Existence (cont.)
13) Why the Thomisitic Philosophical System is Superior to all Others
14) The Relationship Between Belief in God and Morality
15) More from Garrigou Lagrange – Conclusion
"Dr. Bonnette is a first class teacher; logical, coherent and comprehensive. He's been teaching Thomistic philosophy for over forty years." - John Vennari, Catholic Family News
Fifteen audio CD Lectures plus a data CD of course notes – 16 CDs total in an attractive vinyl case
$59.95 - less than $4.00 per CD