Saint Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How About Excommunicating the Legion of Doom?

  Three heretics and Dr. Doom.
“First of all, I am going to stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the Administration on this. I think it was a very courageous decision that they made, and I support it,” the minority leader responded. 

I wonder what fellow "Catholics" Pelosi is referring to? Maybe Biden and Sebelius perhaps? How about excommunicating them all? Lets back up all of this talk with some action. These three are public heretics, and they have the ability to mislead Catholics.They all withstand Holy Mother Church to the face, how about doing something about it?



So be it!

I should note that you can find the real Rite of Excommunication here.

8 comments:

Alan Aversa said...

Not only do "they have the ability to mislead Catholics," but they have misled many Catholics.

Anathema sint.

Matthew Bellisario said...

I should probably have referenced the actual Order of Excommunication as it used to exist. It was obviously not as brief and simple as the video made it out to be. The Order can be found at the link below, it was quite a long process.

http://www.swrb.com/newslett/actualNLs/Orde_ch2.htm

Alan Aversa said...

That's a Protestant "Order of Excommunication"! (Puritan or Prysbyterian, judging from the "Book of Discipline" mentioned and affiliation mentioned at very end of the document)

This part made me laugh:
Apostates to Papistry. Rests yet one other kind of offender that deserves excommunication, albeit not so summarily: to wit, such as have been partakers with us in doctrine and sacraments, and have returned back again to the Papistry, or have given their presence to any part of their abomination, or yet that of any long continuance, withdraw themselves from the society of Christ's body, and from the participation of the sacraments, when they are publicly ministered. Such, no doubt, declare themselves worthy of excommunication


Check out this Catholic Ordo Excommunicationis Qualiter Unusquisque Incorrigibilis Anathematizari Debeat (The Order of Excommunication by which Any Incorrigible One Must be Anathematized), writtin in 1779.

Incorrigible indeed (or omission haha).

Matthew Bellisario said...

oooh.. my bad...let me fix that! I read through it, how did I miss that!. I am glad I have guys like you around to keep me straight!

Matthew Bellisario said...

Tell me Alan, does it have the part that is in the video? I can't find it anywhere that has it as it is worded there.

Matthew Bellisario said...

There, all better now, link fixed, disaster averted!

Alan Aversa said...

The video isn't really accurate at all. I'll have to translate it. It's not very long, and it's very good and instructive, based on the parts I've skimmed. I'll get back to you.

Matthew Bellisario said...

Great, thanks Alan! But the video is so cool!