Saint Thomas Aquinas

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Read More- Let Technology Do Some Work For You!

I spend quite a bit of time reading, but as you know, there is hardly enough time in the day to read all that you would like. With the growing amount of great Catholic material being made available in the public domain on the Internet, there is no end in sight to my reading list. I have over 100 books on my Sony E-Reader now but I can't get to it all. I ran across this great software called Natural Reader, that does a great job of converting text to speech. It will not only read to you text from any document on your computer, but it will also convert it over to an audio file and import it directly into iTunes so you can listen to it anywhere! How cool is this? With all of the time I spend driving with my job this will certainly allow me to absorb more material. I recommend that you break the books up into chapters so you can keep the files small and manageable. Go to the website and check it out for yourself. There is a demo-box where you can type in some text and have it play back. I like the UK English dude, he sounds more scholarly. Technology has come a long way from the terrible robotic voice.

1 comment: