Saint Thomas Aquinas

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Cool Multimedia Concept for Studying the Bible.

When I was at the James White debate last Friday I ran across a display of a new product called the Glo Bible. Now I will say right off that it is not a Catholic product. Aside from that fact however, I think that the concept is a great one, and the time and work that went into the product is quite astounding. If only we had a Catholic version of this! Imagine the cool stuff you could include in such a product. 3 D Catholic church images and videos, encyclicals and Church Father's writings that pertain to Scripture, maps, etc. Check out the videos about it here. Are there any Catholics who would be willing to put in the effort and capital to produce a similar product? How about the Vatican? Can anyone contact the Pope and see if he can get the ball rolling? What do you think?

3 comments:

Fr. Larry said...

Very Cool! The Faith Database by Ignatius Press is similar but no where near as technically slick

Nelson said...

This is Nelson Saba from Immersion Digital, the makers of Glo. We are just waiting for the new NAB text to be released, hopefully this fall, to create a catholic edition of Glo. Stay tuned! Hopefully we will launch it in 2011.

Matthew Bellisario said...

Thanks for stopping by Nelson. While I think it would be great to have the Glo in the NAB format, I would really like to have a similar product that contains videos by Catholic scholars, articles by Catholic scholars, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really think what you have done is wonderful, and if the Mac version ever comes out I will personally buy a copy. But all things being equal, I would love to have a total Catholicized version. Thanks again for the info Nelson! Your product is truly impressive.