Saint Thomas Aquinas

Friday, April 2, 2010

Christ the King: Good Friday 2010

Today we had a wonderful Good Friday Liturgy at Christ the King in Sarasota, FL. We were graced with three Fraternity priests, Father James Fryar, Father Gregory Pendergraft and Father Howard Venette. Before the liturgy Father Pendergraft gave a wonderful talk on the last seven words of Christ. When I experience a liturgy like this, it makes me very thankful that God gave me the grace to be Catholic. I also am very thankful to Bishop Frank Dewane of the Diocese of Venice Florida for having the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter here in Sarasota. I pray that everyone may accept the great treasure that God gives us through His only Church. Below are a few pictures that I took from today.
Father Gregory Pendergraft, FSSP, gives a talk on the last seven words of Christ.
The FSSP priests prostrate before the altar.
Left to right: Fr. Gregory Pendergraft, Fr. James Fryar, Fr. Howard Venette
 Unveiling the crucifix for veneration.
The crucifix unveiled!
Venerating the crucifix.
Fr. Gregory Pendergraft processing in with the Blessed Sacrament.
Indulgentiam, absolutionem...
Ecce Agnus Dei...

No comments: