Saint Thomas Aquinas

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Turretin Fan Once Again Misuses Sources


I really got a kick out of Turretin's last post where he tries, unsuccessfully to substantiate, that for the Catholic church to define something infallibly it must use anathemas to do so. Anyone who knows anything about Catholicism knows this is simply not true. Turretin thought it would clever to post on the specific use of papal proclamations which we haven't even discussed so far. We are not arguing over one document as TF is suggesting. If you see my original post I used several. Then he quotes something on Vatican II which we also haven't even addressed specifically, but TF likes to use Red Herrings to hide his idiotic arguments. I guess he didn't notice that many of the documents I sourced were not from VCII. I won't waste any more time on the foolish Turretin Fan because he is not rational.

It is unfortunate but I do not have the time to keep engaging with bloggers like himself because he will just lead you around in circular arguments, which is another favorite tactic of his. He figures if he writes enough nonsense that he will wear his opponent down and then he can claim victory. Well he has successfully worn me down, and yet once again he has not proven that the Catholic church is divided on the issue of contraception when it comes to "official" Church teaching. He keeps saying that he doesn't intend to do so, yet what is his point? It is to try and prove that the Catholic Church is not unified in its teaching regarding contraception. He is trying to argue this from an untenable position, because he refuses to acknowledge "official" Catholic teaching in favor of individual opinions. That is why I had to emphasize that there is an "official" Church teaching that all Catholics are obliged to follow. This would hold even if the teaching was not infallible. Turetin also does not understand this either. He refuses to acknowledge that individual bishops have no bearing on the "official" Church teaching, and so Catholics who follow the "official" Church teaching are not divided. The two unfortunately are synonymous to the pitiful "Reformed" apologist. I will tear myself away from this and now focus on the Catholic doctrine regarding human sexuality, and more specifically contraception. I am now working on a response to Kelly, who stopped by my blog and sided with me on part of my post against TF, yet challenged me on whether or not the Church has infallibly defined this teaching on human sexuality. My argument will be that it is infallibly defined. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Alexander Greco said...

My question to Kelly is this:

Do you believe that the teaching of women's ordination is invalid an infallible teaching?